Time: 9:30; Celebrate with the Community & John.
Place: Vines High School, 15th between Custer & Independence.
Isaiah 11, 1-10, The wolf shall be a guest of the lamb (a beautiful reading).
Psalm 72, Justice shall flourish in his time and fullness of peace forever.
Romans 15, 4-9, Welcome one another.
Matthew 3, 1-12, I am baptizing you with water.
1. This Sunday, collect for Samaritan Inn:
Current Urgent Needs: Disinfectant Spray, Bleach Wipes and Toilet Paper. Check the website for other needs: http://www.thesamaritaninn.org/SupportTheInn/NeedsList.aspx1.
2. Love for the Kids Picnic, A most touching event, Dec. 14, Download Love-for-kids
3. ROMEO lunch Friday, December 6, Jason's, 1:00, Welcome. The Old Geezer won't make it.
4. The Women's Lunch Group on 1st Thursdays, The Olive Garden, 1:00, Central and Plano Pkwy, northbound service road. For more info talk with Carol or Bernadette.
5. Christmas Concert at the Meyerson:
The date: December 19. Rosemary says that you may still sign up. Her contact, Blake, knows that we usually have a few additional people. Total so far, 29 people.
Welcome, also, to the Rectory for wine & cheese and a ride through Highland Park to see the best lights.
By the way, we are dropping the idea of riding bikes through Highland Park to look at the Christmas lights. It is just too cold. Plus, each bike would need lights on front and back, a little expensive.
1. Kennedy on Thankgiving for Francis, National Catholic Reporter, November 27, 1000 words, Download Giving thanks 12-6-13
Never put on line something you would not want to see the next day on the front page of The New York Times (or Dallas Morning News).
From Rosemary's Momma
See you Sunday, December 8, 2013, 2nd Advent, Cycle A
JSM Mission-Faith Statement
Help create a Catholic Community that welcomes all God’s
People, provides for and challenges spiritual and total growth.
Reaches out to help people who are disadvantaged and make the world we live in a better place to live.