Welcome: Catholic Mass with coffee & juice & specials on the house served afterwards.
Time: 9:30; Celebrate with the Community & Stack.
Place: Vines High School, 15th between Custer & Independence
Genesis 11, 1-9, The whole world spoke the same language.
Psalm 104, Lord, send out your spirit and renew the face of the earth.
Romans 8, 22-27, The spirit comes to the aid of our weakness.
Note: the Genesis and Romans readings are from the vigil Mass readings.
John 14, 15-16, 23-26 If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
1. Habitat build, new house, May 18, Saturday, the neighborhood behind the Home Depot on Central, the second work Saturday, 11th & Ave. E. We have 4 special JSMinistry days, June 1 & 21 (a Friday), July 13, and August 3. A person may also work any Saturday. The house will need about 18 Saturdays of work.
2. Romeos’ lunch Friday, April 17, 1:00, Jason's on 75 & Collin Creek.
3. There has been a request for a Women's Lunch Group on Thursdays at noon starting around May 16th. We'll have a sign up sheet for those interested on Sunday.
What's going on in our Catholic World:
1. U.S. Nuns misunderstood?, National Catholic Reporter, May 4, 330 words, Download U.S. sisters misunderstood 5-17-13
2. An interesting beatification, National Catholic Reporter, May 10, 675 words, Download A beatification 5-17-13
3. One of the outstanding Catholics of our time, Jean Vanier, Canadian, has established a number of residences for intellectually challenged men. I was made aware of him & his work when I studied in Toronto during the late 60's. This man humbles me. He has been asked to offer his thoughts to Pope Francis. U.S. Catholic, May, 2013, 560 words. Download Vanier 5-17-13
We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.
See you Sunday, May 19, 2013, Pentecost, C cycle
JSM Mission-Faith Statement
Help create a Catholic Community that welcomes all God’s People, provides for & challenges spiritual & total growth.
Reaches out to help people who are disadvantaged & make the
world we live in a better place to live.