Welcome: Catholic Mass with coffee and juice and pastries, both bought and home-made, after Mass.
Time: 9:30; Celebrate with the Community & Stack.
Place: Vines High School, 15th between Custer & Independence.
Samuel 7, 1-16, Your house and your kingdom shall endure forever before me.
Psalm 89, Forever I will sing the goodness of the Lord.
Romans 16, 25-27, To him who can strengthen you.
Luke 1, 26-28, The angel Gabriel was sent from God to a virgin.
1. ROMEO MEET: Friday, December 19, Jason's Deli, Collin Creek Mall, west side of Central, 1:00. All left over turkeys welcome. The Old Geezer will be there to monitor behavior.
2. LADIES' LUNCHEON, Thursday, January 8, Cafe' Brazil, 1:00, Coit & Bush, Plano.
Everyone, please forward to anyone you think would be interested. If you let me know I will add their email to the list.
3. Christmas gift toffee will be on sale Sunday & Christmas Eve, $13. Proceeds go to Dallas North Rotary, my club.
4. January 18, Our Stuff Swap will take place. Souls Harbor will take all that is left over. Bring useful items that you don't need or want anymore.
5. January 25, community brunch for an old geezer's 75th.
6. February 15, Community memorial for Fred with brunch catered by Maureen & the Macchio gang.
What is going on in our Catholic World:
1. What about U.S. torture, National Catholic Reporter, December 12, December 12, 1200 words, Download US Torture 12-18-14
2. The main trouble Francis deals with, Huffington Post, December 15, 950 words, Download The Problem for Francis 12-18-14
3. The Napa Valley Conference, National Catholic Reporter, December 15, 3000 words, Download Napa 12-18-14
When I have a terrible need of, dare I say religion, then I go outside at night and paint the stars.
Vincent Van Gogh
See you Sunday, December 21, 2014, 4th Advent, Cycle B
JSM Mission-Faith Statement
Help create a Catholic Community that welcomes all God’s
People, provides for and challenges spiritual and total growth.
Reaches out to help people who are disadvantaged and make the world we live in a better place to live.