Welcome: Catholic Mass with coffee and juice and pastries, both bought and home-made, after Mass.
Time: 9:30; Celebrate with the Community & Stack.
Place: Vines High School, 15th between Custer & Independence.
Exodus 22, 20-26, You shall not molest or oppress an alien.
Psalm 18, I love you Lord, My Strength
1 Thessalonians 1, 5-10, You know what sort of people we were among you.
Matthew 22, 34-40, The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.
1. DOMEO MEET: Friday, October 24, Jason's Deli, Collin Creek Mall, west side of Central, 1:00. Free cookie from Michelle (the manager), if you can find invisible Fred.
2. November 1, All Saints: we will decorate the stage. Bring pictures from your life, family and friends. We will celebrate them.
3. Ladies' luncheon, Thursdays,
November; we are meeting Thursday, November 6, 4:30 pm, Steve Fields, 5013 W Park Blvd, Plano, TX 75093, (972) 596-7100. NOTE THE CHANGE OF TIME!!!! We’re going to happy hour, the lobster pizza is to die for and ½ price.
December; location not yet determined. We’re looking for something holiday-ish to do. Ideas? Time not yet decided on. Cathy says, "Elkes at Greenville in Allen or 5th St. Pizza, Stacy Furniture in Allen."
Everyone, please forward to anyone you think would be interested. If you let me know I will add their email to the list.
4. November 9, 10th Anniversary of our Community, Sunday brunch.
5. Our annual pilgrimage to the Meyerson for the marvelous Christmas Concert will take place December 18, Thursday. Rosemary requests that you get your names in quickly because we are running a bit late this year.
What's going on in our Catholic world:
1. Family Synod, surprising change, America, October 13, 500 words, Download Family Synod document 10-23-14
2 Family Synod update II, National Catholic Reporter, October 18, 950 words, Download Synod report 10-23-14
Do not regret growing old. It is a privilege denied to many.
See you Sunday, October 26, 2014, 30th Ordinary Time, Cycle A
JSM Mission-Faith Statement
Help create a Catholic Community that welcomes all God’s
People, provides for and challenges spiritual and total growth.
Reaches out to help people who are disadvantaged and make the world we live in a better place to live.